Monday, September 28, 2015

Sunrise


As the sun sets and darkness creeps in I pray for an ending.  Maybe he will lavish me in mercy and request that I go be with him.  Maybe we will meet and he will hold me as he dries my tears.  Maybe the misery of my days and the sorrow of my heart will heal.  Maybe despair will no longer exist.
That is when he reminds me it’s too early.  I still have works that were prepared for me beforehand to fulfill, in-laws to meet and grandchildren to hold. He makes me review his promises and hold on to my only hope.  So I hold on to the one who wants to give me abundant life. He considers me one of his sheep and says that I am his child.  I take refuge in him as I lay my head and sleep.
In the morning as the sun rises I am reminded. My sorrow awakens and misery emerges but I continue to hold on to my hope.  Maybe this will be the day the ending will come; the ending of my misery and sorrow.  Maybe this will be the day He chooses to dry my tears.   Maybe this will be the day I will see him and he intervenes.  So I earnestly watch for Him for with a new day comes hope and my only hope is him…
Copyright 09/28/2015

No comments:

Post a Comment